Proper documentation is very important for freight forwarding, especially while transporting goods internationally.
We make sure your cargo doesn’t get left out or delayed because of documentation or insurance issues.
Reliance Logistics offers customs advice, declaring & clearing your import/export with customs under Export & Import laws of Nepal and destination country.
We help you with the following documents:
- Letter of credit documentation
- Arranging/advising Certificates of Origin where applicable
- Arranging/advising Legalization of the invoice where required
- Arranging/advising labeling requirements where required
The registered firm or company to follow up procedure of export to the third country by air freight is required to prepare and present the following documents for exports from Nepal:
- Customs Declaration Form
- Packing List.
- Certificate of Origin.
- GSP Certificate if applicable
- Copy of letter of credit or advance payment statement received from the bank.
- Foreign Exchange Declaration Form of Nepal Rastra Bank
- Copy of Firm/company Registration Certificate.
- Copy of income tax registration certificate or VAT registration
- Airway bill
- Letter of authority to clear the consignment
- Phytosanitary Certificate for agricultural products/plants
- Certificate from Department of Archaeology for the export of statues, Thankas, Wood carving of archaeological value, etc.
- Visa authorization certificate from Garment visa office of National Productivity and Economic Development Centre for the export of garments to Canada
- Recommendation letter from Garment visa office of National Productivity and Economic Development Centre for the export of garment to USA (for customs clearance only)
- CITES certificate from the Department of National Parks and Wild Life Conservation for the export of bone and horn products.
- Value certification from the Handicrafts Association of Nepal for handicrafts goods, Gold and silver products.
- Value-added Tax Certificate for beer, spirits, and cigarettes.
- Passbook for gold handicrafts from Handicrafts Association of Nepal if applicable.
- Clearance certificate of the Department of Drug Management for medicines.
- Clearance certificate of Department of Mines and Geology for mineral products.
- Certificate of origin from the local chamber of commerce
- Multiple countries Declaration for garment export to the USA.
All the above documents except No. 9 and additional following documents are required for export to a third country by sea/land
- Transportation documents, one copy per truck (for sea cargo)
- Custom transit declarations (for sea cargo)
- Transit declaration invoice for goods in transit via India to third-country destination. (for sea cargo).
The registered Firm or Company is eligible to import the goods into Nepal, Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu is the only gateway for traffic by air in Nepal except for prohibited and quantitatively restricted items. No license is required for imports. For the import from India, the payment is made normally in Indian currency but for procurement of some industrial raw material and machinery, payment in hard currency can also be made as per notification of Nepal Rastra Bank for the product specified. The firm or company to follow up the procedure of import is required to prepare and present the following documents for import into Nepal by Air for custom clearance.
- Nepal custom import declaration form.
- Latter of authority for clearing Agents to act on behalf of the importer.
- Air waybill.
- Performa Invoice.
- Packing list.
- Certificate of origin (this is required only for tariff concession for goods originating in Tibet Autonomous Region of the People’s Republic of China, SAPTA member countries, and MFN rate of countries having bilateral agreements with Nepal).
- Certificate of Insurance Policy.
- Foreign Exchange Declaration Form of Nepal Rastra Bank.
- Certified copy of L/C.
- Company Registration Certificate.
- VAT/PAN registration certificate.
- Permission from Plant Quarantine Section of Department of Agriculture for import of plants and plants products including fruits leaves & seeds.
- Import license if applicable.
All the above documents except 3 and additional following documents are required to import for the third country by sea.
- Bill of lading.
- Custom transit declaration.
- Transit declaration invoice for good it transits in India for import from the third country.